What is metabolism?
Metabolism is a collection of chemical reactions that takes place in the body's cells. It converts the fuel in the food we eat into the energy needed to power everything we do, from moving to thinking to growing.Metabolism is a constant process that begins when we're conceived and ends when we die. It is a vital process for all life forms not just humans. If metabolism stops, living things die.
Why it is important to boost our metabolism?
Metabolism is a constant process that begins when we're conceived and ends when we die. It is a vital process for all life forms not just humans. If metabolism stops, living things die.
Boosting metabolism is important because it is the process of generating heat to maintain your proper body temperature,and providing energy that will build and strengthen your muscles.
How we can increase our metabolism?
- 1.Drink a cold glass of water: Drinking an ice cold glass of water with greater frequency can boost your metabolism. Researchers suggest that 8 ounce glasses of water daily will prompt higher metabolic rates in individuals.
- 2.Sip a cup of tea: Tea, often used in many diet fads is scientifically proven to boost your metabolism while trimming your waist line. The polyphenols compounds found in tea are said to be responsible for the enhancement metabolism.
- 3.Eat every three hours: Divide your meal into three with two healthy snacks between your meals in a day. To keep your metabolism up and running,we suggest to adhere the schedule below:
- 6-8 a.m.: Breakfast
- 10 a.m.: Snack
- 12-2 p.m.: Lunch
- 3-5 p.m.: Snack
- 5-7 p.m.: Dinner
- Don't eat after 8 p.m.
- 4.Increase your omega-3 intake: The omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil have been shown to increase the speed of your metabolism exponentially. The supplement can help you burn an extra 400 calories a day, or 25 percent of your daily calorie intake.
- 5.Eat organic when you can: Going organic can be costly and leave a dent on your wallet, but it can speed up your metabolism. The antibiotics and growth hormones found in conventionally farmed foods could hamper your immune system and slow down metabolism.
- 6.Exercise to gain muscle weight: Muscle is typically more denser than fat and uses more energy as a result. For every pound of muscle, the body burns 50 calories to maintain a person's BMR. Exercising to build muscle will help boost your metabolism as you get your body in shape.
- 7.Get more sleep: Late night snacking is clearly not recommended, but staying up late in and of itself directly affects the speed of your metabolism. Seven to eight hours of sleep a night for adults will help keep your metabolic rate at a healthy, steady pace.
What kind of food can boost your metabolism naturally?
- Green tea.
- Spices & hot Peppers.
- Nuts and seeds.
- Fatty fish.
- Hemp and Flaxseed Oil.
- Citrus fruits.
- Whole grains.
- Dried beans.
References:"Metabolism." Metabolism. N.p., June 2015. Web. 29 Jan. 2017.
"Metabolism." 7 Daily Habits That Can Boost Your Metabolism To Burn Fat. N.p., July 2013. Web. 6 Oct. 2016.
"Metabolism." 17 Foods That Actually Boost Your Metabolism. N.p., 6 Aug. 2016. Web. 29 Jan. 2017.