What is cancer?
Cancer is a generic name for many diseases. There are many types of cancer, but they all start with abnormal cells that grow out of control. Other terms used are malignant tumors and neoplasm.
What are the early signs of cancer in children?
- An unusual lump or swelling.
- Unexplained paleness and loss of energy.
- Easy bruising.
- An ongoing pain in one area of the body.
- Unexplained fever or illness that doesn't go away.
- Frequent headaches, often with vomiting.
- Sudden eye or vision changes.
- Sudden unexplained weight loss.
How do you know if your child has cancer?
Cancer in children is not common, but it's important to have your child checked by a doctor if they have unusual signs or symptoms that do not go away.
The most common cancers of children are:
- Brain and spinal cord tumors.
- Kidney tumor (Wilms tumor).
- Lymphoma (including both Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin).
- Bone cancer (including osteosarcoma and Ewing sarcoma).
Does my Insurance Policy cover Cancer?
Yes. According to CCHI unified Policy terms and conditions, health insurance policies in Saudi Arabia cover the treatment of cancer.Please Click Here to access the Unified CCHI Policy Wordings.
References:"CHILDREN CANCER." CANCER IN CHILDREN,
"Childhood Cancer." Rules,