Is your nose bleeding for no apparent reason? This can be related to medications you are taking such as blood-thinning medications, underlying health conditions, nose picking and scratching, or breathing in dry air. If you ever get a bleeding nose, here's how to stop it in a few simple steps:
- Sit quietly, lean forward, and keeping the head higher than the level of the heart. Do not lay flat or put your head between your legs.
- Close all the soft parts of the nose together between the thumb and index finger. For ten minutes by applying direct pressure.
- Breathe through your mouth.
- Apply ice (wrapped in a towel) to nose and cheeks afterwards.
- If bleeding starts again, use a nasal decongestant spray and repeat the steps above
- Stuffing cotton or tissue into your nose is not recommended.