Lifestyle changing during Ramadan for hypertension person
Lifestyle changing during Ramadan:
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of fluids from Iftar until Suhoor to prevent complications that may occur.
- Salt: Reduce salt consumption
- Diet: Control food quality and quantity, avoid faty food
- Physical activity: A while after iftar, go for a walk (4km at least), several times a week
Medication during Ramadan:
- Most medication prescribed for people with high blood pressure need to be taken once or twice a day. Typically these medications will have a 12 – 16 hour effect. The tablets can be taken at Suhoor, and during the evening at iftar.
- Patients who have tablets prescribed three times daily are likely to have short acting drugs. For these patients, it recommended to ask their physicians.
References:"Lifestyle Changing during Ramadan for Hypertension ." Tips for Those with High Blood Pressure Fasting during Ramadan,
TCS Wellness Program