Getting stuck in traffic daily is associated with weight gain, lower fitness, higher blood pressure, depression and stress. In addition, it exposes you to air pollution, which doubles the health risk. Here are some active ways to curb the health stresses in the case of traffic:
- Close the windows and put the ac on the cool down on the re- circulate mode and protect you from pollution outside.
- Use relaxation techniques such as breathing calmly to control your stress.
- Leave way before your meeting to help decrease your anxiety levels.
- Enjoy your time by listening to relaxing music.
- Sing or hum a favorite tune.
- Squeeze a rubbery stress ball.
- Keep your car clean and equip it with a good radio and ac system.