How Many Cup of Milk Your Children Need Per Day?
Children from 2 to 3 years old need two cups of milk per day. At 4 years old, the goal is 2 1/2 cups per day. Calcium requirements increase as children get older, so from 9 years on, children and teenagers need 3 cups of milk per day.If your children don't like milk, you can hide it in their favorite foods:
- Blend 1 cup of yogurt/milk into a fruit smoothie (equal to 1 cup of milk)
- Make mini-pizzas and add 45 g (2/3 cup) of shredded cheese (equal to 1 cup milk)
- Serve ½ cup custard or mouhalabiyeh or "riz bi halib" made with reduced-fat milk as an occasional treat (equal to ½ cup milk)
- Offer them 1 cup of laban with mint and cucumber (equal to 1 cup milk)
- When you are cooking lazagna or nouille, you can add more Tablespoons of powdered milk to add more calcium too. Top it with more shredded cheese.
- They can eat ice cream rich in milk and calcium too (Sorbet has no milk).