Motion sickness is a feeling of uneasiness, sometimes accompanied by dizziness or vomiting, that strikes suddenly when traveling in a ship, plane, or any other mean of transportation. The feeling is triggered by7 mixed signals received by the brain and initially produced by the eyes or inner ears. As long as you travel regularly, you can easily escape motion sickness.
A. These tips may help you feel better when you have motion sickness:
- Eat a few dry soda crackers.
- Sip on clear, fizzy drinks such as ginger ale.
- Get some fresh air.
- Lie down or at least keeps your head still.
B. These general tips may help you avoid motion sickness:
- Move your head as little as possible.
- Don't drink alcohol or eat a heavy meal before you travel.
- Don't eat or drink during short trips.
- Try to avoid strong odors and spicy foods.